Sodexo rocks!

We would like to take a moment out of everyone’s busy schedule to acknowledge the wonderful group of people that make up Sodexo on the JSC campus. If it was not for them and their commitment to our community and beyond, we would not have been able to host our second annual Veteran’s Day Dinner.

This dinner is totally put together by donations and volunteers, and without Sodexo’s generous donation of food, preparation and precise execution, we would be unable to honor our community veteran’s in such a positive way.

We would also like to send a big “thank you” to the SERVE office and the students who volunteered to serve dinner to the veteran’s and their families who attended this year’s dinner. Without the help of this group of students, we would be unable to host this dinner each year.

Tom Carney, an attendee of the dinner, sums it up nicely with these words: “I think I speak for all veterans and their guests who were in attendance for the Second Annual Veteran’s Day dinner when I say that the Johnson community gives a huge thank you to Johnson State College and the Hyde Park VFW for sponsoring that event. It was well attended and the meal was outstanding. The food service, the student “wait staff,” the administration, the faculty involved, the VFW, and others that I might have missed, we really appreciate the effort put forth. I would also like to give a huge shout-out to the first grade at HP Elementary School for the very nice cards that each of us received. The little 7-year-old who made my card thanked me for “saving the world.” Nothing beats the age of innocence. It was an overall excellent evening and we have a lot to be thankful for.”

The JSC Veteran’s Committee thanks you all for your part in hosting this wonderful experience.