Scholarship established for Lisa Korth

A Johnson State College graduate of the class of 2012 died Monday night, Mar. 11, in Raymond, N.H. as the result of a car accident.

Lisa M. Korth, 23, graduated with a Bachelor’s degree in English and Secondary Education and was very active in campus life, serving as a resident assistant and working in the admissions office.

At the time of her death, Lisa worked as an Online Admissions Counselor for Southern New Hampshire University.

The sad news galvanized the college community, and according to Dean of Students Dave Bergh, plans are underway for the establishment of a scholarship in her memory. “Many people have expressed interest in making a donation in her name,” said Bergh. “In response, we are inviting staff, faculty, and students to join in this effort to establish a prize to be awarded to a Writing and Literature major with an interest in teaching English. If donations allow, we will plan to award this prize annually at Honors Convocation, starting with this year’s ceremony on May 2.”

Visiting hours were Friday, Mar. 15, at the Tasker Funeral Home, in Dover, N.H.

The funeral took place Saturday, Mar. 16, at St. John’s United Methodist Church, in Dover.

More information on the scholarship will be posted as soon as it becomes available.